LMIA-Exempt Work Permit

Are you eligible?

There are certain work permits that do not require an LMIA, and they are as follows:

  • Covered by international aggreements

    An LMIA is unnecessary for those under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS), Canada Columbia FTA, and Canada Peru FTA

  • Provincial Nominees

    No LMIA is necessary if you have a job offer in the province you are nominated

  • Company Transfers

    An employee is exempt if a Canadian company transfers them to Canada

  • International Exchange Program Participants

    Those under an International Exchange Program are exempt as well. Programs such as Youth Exchange Programs, Student Work Abroad Program (SWAP), International Experience Canada (IEC), and the Working Holiday Visa

  • Academics

    Those with a PhD from a Canadian university, those with a post-doctoral fellowship at a Canadian institution, and certain academics

  • Co-op Students

    International students do not need an LMIA for their Co-op placements

  • Charity or Religious Workers

    Foreign workers in Canada may be exempt if they are working for a charity or religious organization

  • Spouse and Dependents of Full-time workers and students

    A spouse or common-law partner of a Canadian who sponsored them and obtained approval may be exempt, along with other dependents, such as the children of a foreign worker

We'll do the hard work for you. Call us now!